Yaya Quote:

I write with humble. I scribble with passion. I doodle with emotions.





Followers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cross Stich

To people who doesn't know what is cross stitch - it is counted thread embroidery in which X-shaped stitches in tiles. Simple say is, all you need is to see the map (yes, dia ada map), den kira2 which box in your cloth that you should do the stitches.

So, cross-stitch. I spent my hari hari mengangur with this. You know, I’ve gotta say, its difficult at first but when as the stitches goes by, it will be easier. However, you gonna to have "juling" syndrome in order to calculate the small small box on the "aida cloth" (cloth for cross stitch).

I am a big fan of the traditional stuff. I was being inspired by mum who is very "taiko" with embroidery. We have an elaborate cross-stitch sampler made by my mum hanging on the our dining room wall.

This is my progress for a week.

Here is the pattern looks like : (map)


This is my cross kit :



I’m still not sure what I’ll do with it when it’s finished, but I can’t wait to finish it up. Maybe frame it? Make a pillow? A bag? hurmm..

Wait till I finish it, I let you know.

p/s: angan2 nak buat emboidery untuk cadar kawen.

No comments: